Contrary to the belief of some people, vegans can still enjoy sweet, rich, and decadent desserts or snacks. The good thing about this is that you simply need to stock some basic ingredients in your kitchen, and you are good to go. But, of course, you have to make sure that they are ‘vegan’. I am telling you right now, making knockout vegan desserts couldn’t be easier!
So let’s start with the simplest: COOKIES
Who doesn’t like cookies? Everybody, and I mean all of us, love them. Any childhood wouldn’t be complete without our favorite cookies, and there’s a long list of them, too. How does oat cookies sound?
Imagine those sweet and chewy cookies with crispy edges. Be it for an after-school snack or after-dinner dessert, they are very appealing and delicious! What’s more? They are very easy to make. They can be ready in just 20 minutes! So if you are in a hurry to whip up a yummy treat for yourself and your family members, these Vegan Oat Cookies would be the best choice.Print
These Vegan Oat Cookies are soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside. They are chunky, sweet, and super simple to make. They make a great snack and dessert not just for vegans, but for everybody!
125 grams rolled oats
1 tablespoon arrowroot or corn flour
180 grams plain flour
200 grams soft brown sugar
115 grams of vegan butter
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons vanilla essence
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Combine water and arrowroot or corn flour in a cup and add to the sugar-butter mixture. Add the vanilla as well and stir until combined.
- Sift in the cinnamon, baking powder, and flour. Add the oats too and mix until everything is well-combined.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into 16 golf-sized balls. You can also utilize a cookie scoop.
- Before placing them in the oven, gently push down the top of the cookies.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- For these Vegan Oat Cookies, you can add some chocolate chips (about 75 grams). You can add them after adding the oats.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keep in mind that the cookies will still continue to cook even after taking them out of the oven, so don’t worry if you see them look like they are undone after 10 minutes of baking. This is the secret to making them chewy.
Adding some chocolate chips to the recipe would give more flavor and texture to your Vegan Oat Cookies. But if you want to keep your cookies simple, you can skip the chocolate skips. Either way, they are going to be delicious!
These Vegan Oat Cookies are sure to impress everybody. Even the non-vegans would certainly enjoy them, so do not hesitate to make a huge batch. You can also store them in an airtight container if you wish to keep a stash.