Are you tired of reaching for the same old snack every time hunger strikes? Why not try incorporating canned fruit into your snacking routine for a delicious and surprising twist? Canned fruit is often overlooked as a snack option, but it can be a healthy and tasty addition to your diet.
In this list, we’ve rounded up 10 surprising and delicious ways to use canned fruit in your snacks. From sweet to savory, there’s something for everyone. Whip up some easy fruit dip with canned pineapple, use canned peaches to make a tasty grilled cheese, or add canned mandarin oranges to your favorite salad for a burst of flavor.
Not only are these snacks tasty, but canned fruit also has numerous health benefits. Canned fruit is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, and it can even count towards your daily fruit intake. Plus, canned fruit is affordable and has a longer shelf life than fresh fruit, making it a convenient option for snacking on the go.
So, next time you’re craving a snack, consider reaching for a can of fruit instead. You might just be surprised at how delicious and versatile canned fruit can be!
Canned Pineapple Salsa is a delicious and easy-to-make snack that is perfect for a quick appetizer or a healthy snack. This salsa is made with canned pineapple, which adds a sweet and tangy flavor to the dish. The combination of fresh ingredients like tomatoes, onions, and jalapeño peppers creates a perfect balance of flavors.
This salsa is not only delicious but also nutritious as it is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. It is low in calories and fat, making it a healthy option for those watching their diet. Plus, it’s incredibly versatile, so you can use it as a dip, spread it on toast, or serve it alongside your favorite Mexican dishes.
With just a few simple steps, you can whip up this canned pineapple salsa in no time. It’s perfect for summer barbecues or as a refreshing snack any time of the day. So, grab a bag of tortilla chips and get ready to indulge in the deliciousness!
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced mango, pineapple, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno.
- Add the lime juice and salt to the bowl and stir everything together until well combined.
- Serve immediately with your favorite tortilla chips or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Looking for a healthy and delicious snack idea? Look no further than this Peach and Yogurt Parfait recipe! Perfect for breakfast, a midday snack or even dessert, this recipe combines sweet and juicy canned peaches with creamy yogurt, crunchy granola, and a drizzle of honey for a satisfying treat.
To make this parfait, simply layer the ingredients in a glass or jar starting with the yogurt, followed by the canned peaches and then the granola. Repeat the layers until you reach the top of your container. Finally, drizzle with honey and garnish with some fresh mint leaves or additional fruit for added flavor and visual appeal.
Not only is this Peach and Yogurt Parfait delicious and easy to make, but it’s also packed with essential vitamins and nutrients, including protein, calcium, and fiber. Plus, it’s a great way to use up those canned peaches sitting in your pantry, making it a win-win for both your taste buds and your wallet.
- 2 large peaches, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup granola
- In four small glasses or bowls, divide half of the chopped peaches between them.
- Spoon a layer of yogurt over the peaches.
- Top with a layer of granola.
- Repeat layers with remaining peaches, yogurt, and granola.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Mango Coconut Chia Pudding is a creamy and delicious dessert that’s perfect for a sweet and healthy treat. The combination of ripe mangoes, creamy coconut milk, and chia seeds creates a luscious and indulgent pudding that’s both nutritious and satisfying.
To make this recipe, you’ll need to soak chia seeds in coconut milk and a sweetener of your choice until they form a gel-like consistency. Then, blend ripe mangoes with coconut milk and pour the mixture over the chia seed mixture. The pudding should be refrigerated for a few hours or overnight to allow the chia seeds to fully absorb the liquid and thicken up the pudding.
The result is a flavorful and refreshing dessert that’s perfect for a warm summer day or as a post-dinner treat. The pudding is naturally vegan and gluten-free, making it a great option for anyone with dietary restrictions. This Mango Coconut Chia Pudding recipe is a simple and healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth while staying on track with your health goals.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 mango, diced
- Toasted coconut flakes, for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together coconut milk, almond milk, chia seeds, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, stir the pudding well and spoon it into individual bowls.
- Top with diced mango and toasted coconut flakes.
- Serve chilled.
If you’re looking for a tasty and healthy snack that you can grab on-the-go, these Cherry Almond Energy Bites are the perfect solution. These no-bake bites are packed with protein and fiber, making them a great option for a quick snack that will keep you energized and satisfied throughout the day.
Made with a combination of dried cherries, almonds, oats, and coconut, these bites are bursting with flavor and texture. They’re also incredibly easy to make, and can be whipped up in just a few minutes with the help of a food processor.
With their natural sweetness and satisfying crunch, these Cherry Almond Energy Bites are sure to become a favorite in your snack rotation. They’re perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up, a pre-workout snack, or even as a healthy dessert option. So why not give them a try and see how delicious and nutritious they can be?
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Add almond butter, honey, applesauce, and vanilla extract, and stir until well combined.
- Add dried cherries, chocolate chips, and chopped almonds, and stir until evenly distributed.
- Roll mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
If you’re looking for a refreshing and tropical drink that’s both healthy and delicious, look no further than this Pineapple Coconut Smoothie recipe. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this smoothie is the perfect way to start your day or to enjoy as a mid-day snack.
The star ingredient, of course, is the sweet and juicy pineapple, which adds a bright and tangy flavor to the smoothie. The addition of creamy coconut milk gives the smoothie a smooth and luxurious texture, while the banana adds natural sweetness and helps to thicken the mixture.
To make this smoothie, simply blend together the pineapple, coconut milk, banana, and a handful of ice until smooth and creamy. If you want to add even more nutrition, you can also toss in some spinach or kale for a boost of greens.
Whether you’re lounging on a sunny beach or just dreaming of one, this Pineapple Coconut Smoothie is sure to transport you to a tropical paradise with every sip.
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Add frozen pineapple, coconut milk, banana, honey, and vanilla extract to a blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast option that will keep you full and energized all morning? Look no further than this simple and satisfying recipe for Pear and Almond Butter Toast.
Start by toasting your bread of choice (we recommend a hearty whole-grain or sourdough). While it’s toasting, spread a generous layer of creamy almond butter over the surface. Slice a ripe pear into thin, even pieces and layer them on top of the almond butter. Drizzle with a touch of honey or maple syrup for sweetness, and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg for warmth and depth of flavor.
This toast is perfect for those who love a quick and easy breakfast that is both delicious and nutritious. The creamy almond butter provides healthy fats and protein, while the fresh, juicy pears offer a dose of fiber and vitamin C. Try it out for a satisfying start to your day!
- 2 slices bread
- 2-3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- Toast the bread to desired doneness.
- Spread each slice of toast with almond butter.
- Top with thinly sliced pear.
- Add dollops of ricotta cheese on top of the pear.
- Drizzle honey over the top of each slice of toast.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
Mandarin Orange Salad is a refreshing and light dish that’s perfect for any occasion. This simple recipe is bursting with flavor and texture, making it a great addition to your mealtime. The combination of juicy mandarin oranges, crisp lettuce, crunchy almonds, and tangy vinaigrette creates a delightful balance of sweet and savory. The vibrant colors of this salad also make it visually appealing, making it a great option for entertaining guests.
What’s great about this salad is that it’s easy to customize to your liking. You can add other fruits such as strawberries or blueberries, or toss in some sliced chicken or tofu to make it more filling. It’s also a fantastic way to incorporate more greens and fruits into your diet, providing you with essential vitamins and minerals.
Overall, this Mandarin Orange Salad is a delicious and healthy option for lunch or dinner. Its bright flavors and textures are sure to leave you feeling satisfied and refreshed.
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, almonds, dried cranberries, and mandarin oranges.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Mixed Fruit Sorbet is a delicious and refreshing frozen treat that is perfect for hot summer days. This sorbet is made using a combination of your favorite canned fruits, such as peaches, pineapples, and mangos. The best part about this recipe is that you can mix and match the fruits according to your preference, making it versatile and flexible.
The mixed fruit sorbet is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. Simply blend the canned fruits with some sugar and lemon juice until smooth, then pour the mixture into a container and freeze for a few hours until firm. Once the sorbet is ready, scoop it out and serve with some fresh fruit and mint leaves.
This fruity and refreshing sorbet is not only delicious, but it is also a healthier alternative to traditional ice cream. It is vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free, making it suitable for a wide range of dietary needs. So, if you are looking for a sweet and satisfying dessert that is also good for you, give this mixed fruit sorbet a try!
- Frozen fruit of your choice
- Sweetener of your choice
- Lemon or lime juice
- Add frozen fruit, sweetener, and lemon or lime juice to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a freezer-safe container.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours, or until solid.
- Allow the sorbet to thaw for a few minutes before scooping and serving.
Granola bars are a great snack option for those who are on-the-go or simply need a quick bite between meals. They are not only healthy and nutritious, but also easy to make at home. These apricot and almond granola bars are a delicious and healthy option for snacking.
The combination of sweet and tangy dried apricots, crunchy almonds, and oats makes for a perfect blend of flavors and textures. The bars are lightly sweetened with honey, which also acts as a binding agent to hold the ingredients together. Coconut oil adds a subtle tropical flavor while also helping to keep the bars from sticking.
Making these bars at home allows you to control the ingredients and customize them to your liking. Plus, they can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer for a quick and easy snack anytime. Give these homemade granola bars a try and you’ll never go back to store-bought ones again!
- Rolled oats
- Dried apricots
- Almond butter
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, and chopped dried apricots.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, almond butter, vanilla extract, salt, and coconut oil.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat until everything is melted together and smooth.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture and stir until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and press it down firmly and evenly.
- Bake the granola bars for 20-25 minutes, or until they’re golden brown around the edges.
- Let the granola bars cool completely before cutting them into bars.
Grapefruit and avocado may appear to be a weird pairing, but trust me when I say they complement each other nicely in this delectable salad dish. The acidity of the grapefruit complements the creaminess of the avocado, resulting in an ideal combination of flavors and textures. This salad is not only tasty, but it’s also high in nutrients, making it an excellent choice for a light and refreshing lunch or dinner.
You’ll need fresh grapefruit, ripe avocados, mixed greens, and a simple homemade dressing prepared with olive oil, honey, and Dijon mustard to make this salad. The salad comes together fast and effortlessly, and it can be readily modified by adding other items like nuts, cheese, or grilled chicken.
- Baby spinach
- Red onion
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Begin by washing the baby spinach and slicing the grapefruit and avocado.
- In a large bowl, add the baby spinach and top with the sliced grapefruit, avocado, and thinly sliced red onion.
- Crumble feta cheese on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss everything together gently to combine.
- Serve immediately.