These flawless Yorkshire puddings are crispy and golden on the outside but soft and spongy on the inside. They also have a cute hole in the middle, which you can fill up with almost anything sweet to make these beauties the perfect dessert.
Yes, Yorkshire puddings are not only an excellent side dish for your roast dinner but can also be a luscious dessert.
1/2 cup Sunflower oil (other oils can be used too)
3/4 cup plain flour
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then sieve the flour into a bowl.
- Add the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper to the bowl and whisk until smooth using a hand blender or hand whisk. Let the mixture rest for about 10 minutes.
- Grease each section of the muffin or cupcake tray with Sunflower oil or any oil that you opt to use.
- Place the muffin or cupcake tray in the preheated oven to heat the oil.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Be extra careful as it will be extremely hot.
- Pour the batter evenly in each section, halfway. Use a spoon to avoid drips but you need to work as quickly as possible.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Do not remove the puddings from the oven too early. Otherwise, they won’t be crispy and they might shrink.
- Avoid opening the oven while baking as this will prevent the puddings from rising properly.