This Blueberry Cake is loaded with blueberries. Each bite lets you enjoy the sweetness and juiciness of blueberries. It is very easy to make, and I’m sure it is going to be your next favorite tea or coffee blueberry cake!
1 c. + 1 tsp. all-purpose flour (add more for preparing the pan)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. unsalted butter (softened)
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 tsp. lemon zest
2 c. blueberries (rinsed and drained)
1 tsp. lemon juice
Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then lightly butter and flour a 9-inch round cake pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together 1 cup of flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the butter for about 2 minutes using a mixer on medium-high speed. Add the sugar. Beat for another 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Beat until well-blended. Add the lemon zest.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and slowly add the flour mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- In a bowl, combine the blueberries with the remaining all-purpose flour as well as the lemon juice.
- Spoon the berry mixture over the batter.
- Bake the cake on the middle rack in the oven for about 45 to 55 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Release from the pan using a thin knife (slice around the edges).
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- You can omit the salt if you prefer using salted butter.
- You are free to use frozen blueberries but make sure to thaw and drain them first.
- Instead of a round cake pan, you can use a 9-inch springform pan as well.